Things I am looking forward to in the U.S., Part I

I think this will be a new (and short-lived) series for my blog. It will probably sound like I don't like it here, which is not true. I do like Thailand. Sometimes I love Thailand and wish we weren't going home. And at other times, I wish we were leaving tomorrow.

One of the things I am really, really looking forward to in the U.S. is hot water. We have a little electric hot water heater in the upstairs shower, but that's the only hot water in the house. And unless it's a warm day, the water doesn't get that hot. In the cool season, the water barely gets past lukewarm, and the house is 60 degrees. Not fun, especially for little kids. I'm really looking forward to a long hot shower on a chilly evening, or soaking in a tub full of hot water.

And then there's the hot water from the tap. The only time I wash dishes in hot water is when I boil it on the stove. It's going to be so nice to just turn on a tap and get hot water to wash dishes. (Even better, we might have a dishwasher!) And then there's the laundry. Most things can be washed in cold just fine, but there are a few things I really prefer to wash on warm or hot. I've resorted to boiling certain items of clothing on top of the stove to get them really clean. I'm also looking forward to being able to toss a load of laundry in the dryer, and have it come out ready to wear. It's a pain to have to line-dry everything, especially during the rainy season. It can rain for days on end, and nothing dries very quickly even in the house.

Small things but I'm still excited!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I spent half the time posting as I do reading. . .

This is my one hundredth post