Things Change

Yesterday I had a woman tell me I look 19. She wanted to know how old I actually am; I guess I threw her for a loop talking about my (almost) three-year-old.

I get a lot of these oh-you-look-so-young kind of comments. I used to hate it, especially when I was working full time. I hated that how I looked might make people perceive me as less professional or less competent, and I had more than one supervisor/co-worker try to treat me like their child. One of my bosses actually sat John down at an office party and gave him the third degree about his future work plans. It was funny, in a way, and also weird. John resisted the urge to tell him that 1) he wasn't my father and 2) we were already married, so it was too late to change my mind.

The comment yesterday didn't bother me a bit. Somehow the fact that I'm almost 28 with two kids is making me more receptive to being perceived as young. Funny how things change.

Comments

Ariana said…
I was car shopping one time with my dad...I had on jeans, a t-shirt, and my hair in two braids. The salesman kept talking to my dad and not me, and when it was time to test drive, my dad said, "Well, I think my daughter should be the one to try the car....she's the one shopping, not me." The guy kinda looked at me in shock and asked how old I was. I think at the time I was a junior at BYU. hahaha Needless to say, I did not buy any car from them. :)

I would definitely take the looking young comment as a compliment at this point. :) You are still as cute as ever....I have some baby weight left to shed (2.5 years later. ugh)

Popular posts from this blog

If I spent half the time posting as I do reading. . .

This is my one hundredth post