Friday, February 05, 2010

Why don't you blog more?

You know, a couple of people I know have commented on my lack of blogging. I know, I suck lately. In my defense, I'll post a blog I wrote three weeks ago, detailing a Thursday:

Woke up at 6 am and nursed Dylan, who thankfully went back to sleep.

Over the course of the next several hours, I exercised (only for twenty minutes, but still), read my scriptures, showered and dressed, fixed breakfast for Adia and Trea and got them dressed, nursed Dylan, unloaded the dishwasher, washed the breakfast dishes and a few miscellaneous others, chatted with the neighbor who stopped by to pick up the moving boxes I offered her yesterday, washed, dried, and folded/hung up/put away three loads of laundry, nursed and changed Dylan, drew a horse for Adia, scheduled a doctor’s appointment for Dylan, called a lady about buying some cloth diapers, talked to my sister-in-law about plans for Sunday dinner, reorganized part of my kitchen, made Thai-style stir-fry for lunch and washed the dishes, put frozen lasagna roll-ups in the crockpot for John and the girls to eat for dinner, boxed up some empty glass jars and put them in the car to take to the recycling drop off, and nursed Dylan again.

Then I changed clothes, dropped Trea and Adia off at a babysitter's house around 4 and went to work.

At work, I prepared two-hour lesson plans for eight individual learning groups, wrote eight notes to the tutors, nursed Dylan again before John picked him up at 5:30, had a staff meeting, found a sub for the group whose tutor called out at the last minute, did a couple of intakes, pumped for Dylan, administered a test to gauge a student’s learning progress, and observed two groups.

Classes ended at 9, after which I prepared my lessons for next Tuesday and straightened up a little. I left around 10. I was going to stop at the store on the way home for a couple of things, but decided against it.

I got home at 10:30, cleared the remnants of dinner off the table, put the crock pot in the sink to soak, loaded the dishwasher, and started it.

Went to bed around 11. Dylan woke up an hour later and needed to nurse. Put him in bed with me so I could sleep while nursing.

And the reason I haven't posted this, even though I wrote it three weeks ago, is because it wasn't an especially busy day!

I do have a bunch of things rattling around in my head to blog about though, so I'll try to be more on top of it.


Ariana said...

You are such a wild woman! ;-) Hey Jeff works for the same company that runs -- they are in SW Sandy.

Erin G. said...

Chris used to ask me what I did all day and I could never remember. I wrote a list one day and when he asked I pulled it out and read it to him. He said, "Wo, you got a lot done." It was a very typical day. Just because I can't remember what I do all day doesn't mean I do nothing! So I'm impressed you remembered all of this.

Kay said...

I'm impressed you remembered it all, too. I can hardly remember what I was going to say a minute ago, much less what I did all day.

Laynalou3 said...

You are SUPER-WOMAN!! And I'm glad you're my friend so you can give me lots of advice when I have kids and am trying to keep it all together. :)

Kimberly said...

I have 3 kids the same age as yours and reading this made me exhausted. No wonder I'm behind on my blog.

Of course, it probably doesn't help that it's 12:30 am and instead of updating my blog or sleeping I'm reading yours.

And Erin...if you read this comment...I've had the exact same conversation with Jason.

Gaius Balter said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate said...

Your time at work sounds relatively restful!